Thursday, October 16, 2008

SANDRA'S CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES



This is the recipe my mom always used for chocolate chip cookies. The copy I have is covered with flecks of spilled ingredients and brings back great memories. I remember writing it down shortly after I got married. I re-wrote it for myself so that I could get the ingredients added in the correct order. Fourteen years ago I didn't know what I was doing and would frequently end up with a ruined mess in the kitchen. Years later, I finally have the recipe memorized. Everyone has their favorite recipe for this comforting cookie-this is mine.

SANDRA'S CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

3/4 c. white sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
1 c. shortening
2 eggs
1 tsp. soda dissolved in 1 T. hot water
1 t. vanilla
1/2 t. salt
3 c. flour
1 bag chocolate chips

Cream together sugars and shortening. Add eggs. Add soda dissolved in water. Add vanilla and salt. Gradually add flour. Bake at 350 degrees for 9 - 11 minutes.

No comments: