Wednesday, October 29, 2008

PRETZEL JELLO DESSERT


This is one of my favorite desserts. I love the sweet cream cheese and tangy raspberry flavors mixed with the salty pretzel crust. After asking several people for this recipe and never receiving it I went on a web search. I made it for dessert on Monday and then guess what happened...on Tuesday someone brought the recipe to the ward recipe swap. The recipe was almost exactly the same so I guess I didn't do too bad. My family loved it and my daughter wanted to eat it for breakfast. It contains fruit, grain, and dairy products-does that count as a balanced breakfast meal?

PRETZEL JELLO DESSERT

CRUST
2 1/2 c. crushed pretzels
3 T. sugar
1 stick of butter, melted

Mix together and press into a 9 x 13 pan. Bake 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool completely.

CREAM CHEESE LAYER
1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
1 12 oz. container Cool Whip
1 c. sugar

Beat cream cheese and sugar together. Add Cool Whip. Spread over baked and cooled pretzel mixture.

JELLO LAYER
2 3 oz. pkgs. strawberry or raspberry Jello
2 c. boiling water
2 10 oz. pkgs. frozen strawberries or raspberries

Dissolve Jello in boiling water and add frozen fruit. Let jell slightly. Spread Jello mixture on top of cream cheese layer.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Traci said...

Probably has more nutrition than a bowl of lucky charms!!!

The Recipe Reviewer said...

That's true, my kids just eat the marshmallows out of the Lucky Charms anyway!