Sunday, October 12, 2008

CURRIED CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI




This is one of those dinners that everyone loves. It's easy to make and the ingredients are readily available. If you are taking a meal to someone this one is fantastic. It could even be used as a freezer meal. My oldest requests it when it's her turn to choose what we are having for dinner. I found it browsing through my MIL old Taste of Home cookbooks. I hope you like it too.

CURRIED CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI

2 c. cooked rice (you can also substitute brown rice or barley)
2 c. cooked chicken, chopped (Usually 2 chicken breasts or cook 3 and use one for chicken salad tomorrow!)
1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen broccoli or stir-fry vegetables
1 can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1/2 c. mayonnaise
1 T. lemon juice
1/2 t. curry powder
1/4 t. salt
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese

In a 1 1/2 quart baking dish, layer rice, then broccoli, then chicken. In a separate bowl, combine soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry powder, and salt. Pour mixture over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and microwave at 50 % power fo 8 - 10 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.

1 comment:

Christine said...

I love this one. I need to try it out.