Monday, January 12, 2009

Shoyu Chicken


I've tried several versions of teriyaki/shoyu chicken. All of them have the same basic ingredients, soy sauce, brown sugar, and garlic. What I like about this one is the touch of honey. It adds a different sweetness that is really appealing. I used a slow cooker and let it simmer for a couple of hours. Serve it over rice with steamed veggies and you have a fast, delicious meal. Oh, and your house will smell delicious too.

SHOYU CHICKEN-cooks.com

1 1/2 c. water
1/2 c. soy sauce (It called for 3/4 cup, I reduced it to 1/2 c.)
2 T. honey
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/4 t. ginger
4 - 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Crush garlic and then add all ingredients to a slow cooker. Let simmer for about 2 hours. Serve over steamed rice with vegetables.

2 comments:

Paul said...

can't wait to try this one! Will let you know what I think. Lived in the Farest for 3.5 years. Loved the food

Mindy said...

I like easy meals! And this one looks yummy! I'll have to try this.