Monday, January 19, 2009

Brownies Fantastico


In my book, death by chocolate would not be a bad way to go. I first tasted these brownies at a New Year' s party a couple of years ago. The lady who brought them referred me to the Good Things Utah website. I've made these several times since then and every time my kids see the ingredients lined up on the counter they get excited. It's the perfect combination of everything we shouldn't eat...chocolate, butter, commercial cake mix, and marshmallows. But the combination tastes fabulous. They are gooey and rich but as much as I like sweets I will admit that one is probably enough. The recipe is fairly simple. Just make sure they completely cool before you try to cut them.

BROWNIES FANTASTICO

1 chocolate cake mix
1/2 c. melted butter (1 cube)
1 egg
2 1/4 c. miniature marshmallows
5 whole graham crackers, broken
1/2 c. chocolate chips
1/2 c. white chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 pan. I like glass Pyrex dishes.
  2. Mix the cake mix, butter, and egg together. Press into prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes.
  3. Remove from oven and poke 10 small holes in the cake. I use the handle of a wooden spoon.
  4. Sprinkle crushed graham crackers, chocolate and white chips, and marshmallows on top.
  5. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over all ingredients.
  6. Bake an additional 12 - 15 minutes until the marshmallows are golden brown.
  7. Cool completely before cutting.
VARIATION: Add several caramels on top before adding the sweetened condensed milk. It's one more yummy flavor to add to this sinfully delicious dessert.

4 comments:

Paul said...

that sounds Yummy!

Traci said...

These look way yummy.... I can't wait to try them.

Unknown said...

I just made these today and I must say they certainly are FANTASTICO!! We may have to share them with neighbors because Brett and I really shouldn't eat them all ourselves!

The Recipe Reviewer said...

I'm glad you liked them. I usually only make these when I can take them somewhere because it's way too tempting to eat one, and then another, and another (you get the idea;)