Friday, December 12, 2008

PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP BREAD


Yesterday I wanted to bake. I started with two loaves of white/wheat bread, added two loaves of white bread and then opened a can of pumpkin for a pumpkin loaf. Since the can was opened, I decided I might as well make cookies while I was at it. My kitchen looked like a war zone but boy did it smell good in here. I felt like I was in a bakery. Mmmm....fresh bread and spicy cinnamon wafted through the house. I don't have the picture downloaded yet but because I've been a blog slacker this week I decided to hurry and get this posted. Try making a few of these and wrapping them up pretty, it's a good excuse to go visit friends and neighbors!

PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP BREAD

1 c. brown sugar, packed
1/2 c. white sugar
1 c. canned pumpkin
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. nutmeg
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. ginger
1/2 c. chopped nuts (I omitted these, my kids won't eat nuts.)
1/2 c. oil
2 eggs
1 t. baking soda
2 c. flour
1 c. chocolate chips or raisins. (I used chocolate of course!)

Combine sugars, pumpkin, oil, and eggs. Blend well. Add spices, soda, and flour. Mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Bake in greased and floured loaf pan. I used my metal meatloaf pan. I prefer this pan over the glass Pyrex loaf pans because it is a little more shallow and wide. These helps to avoid a doughy center. Bake at 350 degrees for 65 - 75 minutes or until done. Remove from loaf pan and cool on rack.

No comments: