Tuesday, December 30, 2008

CREAMY POTATO SOUP


My friend DW brought this soup to me after I had a baby. It was so good that I begged for the recipe. I will post the recipe as she gave it to me, but I've discovered that this is the perfect soup for using up those little amounts of vegetables that get left in the produce drawer. Sometimes I throw in cauliflower and broccoli, other times I only add potatoes and carrots. Whatever you have that needs to be used up will work in this creamy, comforting dish. You can add ham or chicken. It tastes great with either meat. Serve it with warm bread and salad and your set!

CREAMY SOUP

2 large potatoes, cubed
1 -2 celery stalks
2 large carrots, sliced
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can milk
1 can water (Use the water you boiled the veggies in.)
1 t. dried onion (I prefer 3 sliced green onions.)
1 -2 c. cooked meat (chicken or ham)
1 c. cheese, shredded
3/4 c. broccoli, chopped
1/2 t. celery salt
1/2 t. garlic powder
salt & pepper to taste

Boil potatoes, celery, and carrots in water. When potatoes are soft, empty the water except for about the amount of 1 can. Add both cans of soup and 1 can of milk. Add onion, meat, broccoli, celery salt, garlic powder, and cheese. Heat through making sure the cheese is melted. Add salt and pepper to taste.

1 comment:

Paul said...

that soup looks great! I am making my chicken mole and fried ice cream on thursday. I will post the recipe for the ice cream then.