Friday, November 14, 2008

CHOCOLATE CRINKLES


Aren't those the most gorgeous looking cookies? A friend came over to watch me make bread one day and while we were waiting for the dough to rise I wanted to make cookies. She saw the recipe for these in my Betty Crocker cookbook and suggested them. I had never made them before but decided to try it. They were fabulous. My family loved them. They turn out this beautiful every time. If you want a moist, chocolaty cookie, this is one to try!

CHOCOLATE CRINKLES-BC

2 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. vegetable oil
2 t. vanilla
4 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate, melted and cooled (I used cocoa powder and oil because I didn't have baking squares when I first made this recipe...it worked just fine. The measurements to do this are on the can of baking cocoa.)
4 large eggs
3 c. flour
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1 c. powdered sugar (This is to roll the dough in. I did 1/2 c. powdered and a 1/2 c. granulated. It's up to you.)

  1. Mix granulated sugar, oil, vanilla, and chocolate in a large bowl. Mix in eggs, one at a time. Stir in 2 cups of flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in remaining flour a little at a time to make a soft, squishy dough.
  2. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheet.
  3. Roll into balls. Use a teaspoon size for lots of small bite-sized cookies. I rolled them a bit larger for a bigger cookie.
  4. Roll dough ball in sugar and place on cookie sheet.
  5. Bake 10 - 12 minutes.

No comments: