Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday Shopping

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving yesterday. Ours was great. It was fun to visit with our family and eat good food all afternoon.

I'm glad we get to show some gratitude before we get greedy asking for things at Christmas time. Buying cheap junk at Wal-mart doesn't seem in line with commemorating the Savior's birth.

Speaking of greedy, Wal-mart was certainly crazy this morning! All civility and good manners seem to be forgotten during this blessed day of shopping. When I got there at 4:30 a.m., there were some people who had been guarding items they wanted for two hours! The employees kept telling people not to touch, but early shoppers were leaning over the racks to protect their loot. When the go ahead was given at 5 a.m. it got crazy. I've never done Black Friday before, (I got talked into it this year.) Now I can see I was wise. In spite of the good deals, I'm not sure the fatigue, small rush of adrenaline, and miniscule savings was worth it. I much prefer to order online and let the UPS man deliver it to my door.

I have several recipes waiting to be posted. They will be up as soon as I edit the photos. Take care!

3 comments:

Christine said...

Oh you're a party pooper. :) Watching people fight over $4 pajamas is hilarious. People watching is the best part.

Traci said...

I love Black Friday. Jason and I left our house at 3:45 and went to JcPenny at 4, Toys r us at 5, quick trip to starbucks for hot chocolate, and then to Target at 6. We actually got lots of doorbuster prices... I know I am crazy!!! But, you notice Walmart was not on our list for a reason...

The Recipe Reviewer said...

Okay, okay! Lesson learned :) Next time I will just observe the people fighting over the $4 PJ's at Walmart instead of participating. I did get my $4 track suits and $4 slippers. Another lady in line protected the sizes I wanted by leaning over the rack and telling everyone else that all of the items on that rack were spoken for. Traci, I understand why Walmart was not on your list. You are a wise woman!