Friday, March 27, 2009

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies


This recipe came about because I didn't pay attention when measuring my ingredients and failed to follow the instructions. The instructions were too complicated. That is something I have neither the time nor the patience for. I did it my own way, which means I plopped spoonfuls of dough on the pan and, the result was great. The best part is that I remembered what I did and wrote it down. I love a chewy cookie and this one satisfies that craving. I hope you enjoy it too.

CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

2 c. plus 2 T. flour
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
3/4 c. butter, melted (Unusual I know, but it works. Generally you want softened butter.)
1 c. brown sugar, packed
2/3 c. white sugar
1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
2 t. vanilla
1 bag chocolate chips

  1. Combine butter and sugars.
  2. Beat in egg, yolk, and vanilla.
  3. Add dry ingredients.
  4. Stir in chocolate chips
  5. Drop on greased cookie sheet using about a tablespoon per cookie.
  6. Bake @ 350 degrees for 13 minutes or until light brown.
  7. Cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes then move to wire rack to cool completely.