Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Limeade

I love the sweet, tart flavor of limeade. On a hot summer day this is one of my favorites. You'll need 6 or 7 limes to make one cup of lime juice. Roll the limes on the counter, cut them in half, and squeeze through a juicer. If you don't like pulp strain the juice through a fine mesh strainer. Follow the instructions below and freeze into one cup portions to use for later. I hope you enjoy it!

LIMEADE CONCENTRATE

1 c. lime juice (fresh limes please)
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. water

  1. Heat one cup of water.
  2. Stir in sugar and lime juice.
  3. Once the sugar has dissolved, remove from heat and divide into 1 cup portions. I use Ziploc bags. You should have enough for three bags of concentrate.
  4. To make into juice combine 1 cup of concentrate with 2 cups of water.

1 comment:

Traci said...

This looked delicious and I did not have time to make it. Sonic saved me with their limeade. I so need to make this my self however.